TAMPA BAY – The Tampa Bay Lightning will open the First Round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Tampa Bay Times Forum on Wednesday, April 16 against the Montreal Canadiens, the National Hockey League announced Sunday night.
The complete First Round schedule is as follows:
Game Day Location Time
1 Wednesday, April 16 Tampa Bay Times Forum 7 p.m.
2 Friday, April 18 Tampa Bay Times Forum 7 p.m.
3 Sunday, April 20 Bell Centre 7 p.m.
4 Tuesday, April 22 Bell Centre 7 p.m.
5 Thursday, April 24 Tampa Bay Times Forum 7 p.m. *If necessary
6 Sunday, April 27 Bell Centre TBD *If necessary
7 Tuesday, April 29 Tampa Bay Times Forum TBD *If necessary
Playoff Ticket Sales Information
* Single game tickets for home playoff games at the Tampa Bay Times Forum
start at just $25 each
* The best way to buy single game tickets is at Ticketmaster.com or by
* Fans can get even better pricing and guaranteed seat location for the postseason games by putting a deposit down on a season ticket membership for
o Those prices are less than $20 per game
* Best way to secure the season ticket offer is by calling the Lightning at
813.301.6600 or by going to TampaBayLightning.com
Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Montreal Canadiens
* The Lightning finished in second place in the Eastern Conference’s Atlantic
Division with 101 points
* Tampa Bay’s 46 wins this season tied a franchise-best (2010-11 and 2003-04)
and their 101 points ranks third all-time
* The Canadiens finished in third place in the Atlantic Division with 100
* The winner of this series will play the winner of the Boston Bruins/Detroit
Red Wings series in the Second Round of the 2014 NHL Playoffs
* The Lightning and the Canadiens met in the 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs, with Tampa Bay sweeping Montreal four games to none en route to the Stanley Cup
* The Lightning and the Canadiens played four times this season with the Lightning winning three of the four games, the only loss coming in a shootout.
o The Lightning won one in regulation, one in overtime and one in a shootout.
o The Lightning were 2-0 in Montreal and 1-0-1 in Tampa Bay.
Source: Tampa Bay Lightning Media