With the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on the verge of letting go of the best cornerback in football, the need for players at the position vaults to the front of the line this offseason. Defensive end Michael Johnson seems set to head to Tampa to bolster the defensive line, but that’s not enough to get the defense up to par.
So who are some of the options at cornerback for the Buccaneers this spring? Here are some of the top candidates.
1. Alterraun Verner, Tennessee Titans
2. Vontae Davis, Indianapolis Colts
3. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Denver Broncos
4. Walter Thurmond III, Seattle Seahawks
5. Charles Tillman, Chicago Bears
6. Antonio Cromartie, New York Jets
7. Brandon Browner, Seattle Seahawks
For more on this story visit: Leo Howell, Pewter Plank