Weekly Everything Power Rankings
In this story and on The Charlie Bernstein Show, we answer the question, "who cares about mediocrity?" definitively as we say to hell with a 1-32 NFL Power Rankings, a standard 1-25 college football poll are anything else that's become standard and mundane. We look only toward the best and worst.
NFL Top 5
1. San Francisco 49ers- How good is Colin Kaepernick? Good enough to run any kind of offense and he may be the toughest quarterback to prepare for in the NFL.
2. Denver Broncos- Peyton Manning's arm strength was lacking just a bit and he still threw for 4 million yards and 7 touchdowns. It's a great surrounding cast even if the defense is just average.
3. Chicago Bears- Smokin' Jay looked comfortable behind his new offensive line and the Bears won a tough game against a very good Bengals team.
4. Seattle Seahawks- Sure the Seahawks looked mostly disjointed in the opening day victory over Carolina, but they found a way to go east and get a victory over a tough team.
5. New Orleans Saints- The Saints believe they're the best team in the NFC South and I think they're right.
"Amateur" Football Top 5
1. Alabama- They won by 25 against a very good Virginia Tech team at a neutral site. That's pretty good.
2. Oregon- They crossed the country and won by more than 40 against a BCS opponent.
3. Clemson- Best victory of the season so far against Georgia, we'll keep them up here until they "pull a Clemson."
4. Louisville- They have the best quarterback in the country and return most of a team that took Florida to the woodshed in the Sugar Bowl.
5. Stanford- They have the best coach in the country not named Saban and Barry Sanders son. What's not to like?
1. Teddy-If you don't know his last name you're not paying attention to football.
2. Football-Okay, you can call him Johnny. You may not like him but he is pretty magical.
3. Jameis Winston- He was so good in his debut, the only place for him to go is down.
1. Creme Puffs- When done properly there's no beating this light, fluffy treat.
2. Caramello- Cadbury's milk chocolate and caramel. Good for any occasion.
3. S'mores- Does anyone not like these? Seriously, why aren't these on restaurant dessert menus?
4. Cheesecake- It rates higher when done well, but a lot of places fail to meet expectations.
5. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies- Because sometimes you need to trick yourself into thinking you're eating healthy.
The Charlie Bernstein Show airs live on Sportstalk 1040 The Team from 3-7 pm, Monday through Friday. You can listen live by clicking here.