- - http://www.sportstalkflorida.com -
USF Baseball Concludes Road Trip with FGCU
Posted By Amanda Borges On February 18, 2014 @ 8:30 AM In Borges - Article,College,Florida News,Insider Main | No Comments
The USF Baseball team will conclude its early season road trip with a single game contest against Florida Gulf Coast on Tuesday, February 18. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at Swanson Stadium.
USF had a great opening weekend going 3-0 at the UNF Best Bet Classic. The Bulls defeated Liberty 2-1, Richmond 11-4 and UNF 12-1.
FGCU took three out of four games from Rhode Island to begin the season. The key to their success was their offense as they averaged nearly eight runs a ballgame. Leading the charge was Michael Such (6-for-13) and Jake Noll (6-for-15). FGCU’s bullpen picked up two of its three wins including Tuesday’s probable starter Garrett Anderson who worked 2.1 innings of shutout ball in the season opener.
• USF began the season with a perfect 3-0 mark at the UNF Best Bet Classic, defeating Libery 2-1, Richmond 11-4 and North Florida 12-1
• USF outscored their opponents 25-6 despite leaving 31 runners on base
• USF out-hit its opponents 40-20 this weekend; Of its 40 hits, only six went for extra bases
• 15 position players saw the field for USF and had at least one plate appearance; Of those 15, 10 were underclassman
•13 pitchers made an appearance for USF, 8 of which were underclassman
•Sophomores Jimmy Herget and Luke Maglich were named to The American Weekly Honor Roll on Monday
USF will play its home opener on Friday, February 21 when it hosts game one of a three game series with Penn State. First pitch is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. at USF Baseball Stadium.
SOURCE: USF Baseball
Article printed from : http://www.sportstalkflorida.com
URL to article: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/usf-baseball-concludes-road-trip-with-fgcu-2/
Copyright © 2011 ESPN Florida. All rights reserved.