Tuck: Top Sports Stories And Moments of 2013
These are the great plays, stories, and moments that made 2013 a year to remember. Which will stand out the most years from now?
50. Fax Me Maybe?- Elvis Dumervill leaves Broncos in an unusual manner.
49. NHL Lockout Ends- 600 cancelled games later we had hockey again.
48. Splash Bros.- Steph Curry and Klay Thompson say hello to America.
47. Great Brit- Andy Murray wins Wimbledon.
46. Revis Island Relocates- The Jets trade Revis to the Bucs.
45. Can’t Beat the Heat- 27 straight wins for Miami.
44. Blackhawks Never Down- 21-0-3 start for eventual Cup Champs.
43. Blade Runner- Amputee Olympian Oscar Pistorius inspired millions and then charged with murdering his girlfriend.
42. Targeting the Problem- College football’s newest rule causes concern.
41. Won and Done- Freshmen liven up college hoops.
40. Bizarro Superman- Dwight Howard returns to Orlando.
39. Pirates Play in October- Pittsburgh in the playoffs for first time since 1992.
38. #FullSpeedAhead- Miami finally has it’s case wrapped up by the NCAA
37. Heads Up 7 Up- Peyton Manning and Nick Foles each tie NFL record with 7 TD passes.
36. You Know Sergio?- Tiger and his best friend.
35. Boston Strong- Marathon bombings and the city’s reaction.
34. Bye-Bye BCS and hello Selection Committee
33. Collins Out of the Closet- NBA player Jason Collins admits he is gay.
32. Knock It Down!!!- The Ravens stay alive in part due to a terrible Broncos miscue.
31. The prayer at Jordan-Hare- Impossibly lucky bounce beats Georgia.
30. MRSA in Tampa Bay- The locker room is infected.
29. FSU 14-0- The Noles don’t lose a football game in the calender year.
28. Tiger Out of Bounds?- Did Tiger Wood’s cheat?
27. Jay Bilas further exposes NCAA
26. Tide Roll Again- Alabama pounds Notre Dame for 2nd straight BCS title.
25. The Weird Series- A World Series with many oddities.
24. RG3′s Recovery- The quarterback’s return didn’t go as planned.
23. He Doesn’t Love LA- Dwight ditches Lakers.
22. The Cuban Missile- Yasiel Puig
21. Ain’t Clowny Around- Jadeveon Clowny knocks the helmet off a Michigan runner in the hit of the year.
20. Fiesta Knights- UCF wins AAC, goes to first BCS bowl.
19. Scarlet Letter- Rutgers coach Mike Rice fired after video tape showed him abusing players.
18. NFL Headache Over?- League pays out $765 million to settle concussion lawsuit.
17. Redskins offensive?- Skins name comes under fire.
16. Achilles Heel- Kobe Bryant goes down.
15. Will He Or Won’t He Be Charged?- Jameis Winston’s season hangs in the balance as he is accused of rape.
14. The Leg Goes Snap- Louisville G Kevin Ware and the injury of the year.
13. Light’s Out- Power outage at the Super Bowl as Ravens win 2nd title.
12. No Mo Rivera- The greatest closer finishes career.
11. Dunk City- #15 seed Florida Gulf Coast’s Cinderella run.
10. Thank Jesus (Shuttlesworth)- Ray Allen saves Miami in Game 6 as Heat win another title.
9. Deer Antler Spray- Ray Lewis and others linked to snake-oil salesmen.
8. “I’m with NFL”- Patriot’s TE Aaron Hernandez charged with murder.
7. Johnny (Football) Hancock- The Heisman winner’s signature offseason.
6. Every Rose Has It’s Thorns- Derrick Rose’s quest for 100%.
5. Biogenesis- PED’s alive and well in MLB.
4. Tour De Truth- Lance Armstrong admits to doping.
3. Bully-Gate- Jonathon Martin and Richie Incognito Dolphins drama.
2. Catfishy Story- Manti T’eo invisible girlfriend.
1. Iron Bowl for the Ages- Once in a lifetime play ends Tide’s reign in rivalry game.