Tuck: NFL Draft Top 32 Prospects
This is not the order which I think players will be drafted. This is the order that I prefer them, independent of teams draft needs.
1. I don’t mind being different. Remember that only about 50% of the first round picks end up hitting. So why would you assume anyone, including myself, is going to be correct in picking out all the best players?
2. I’m not being different on purpose. I watch a ton of college football, but I don’t watch tape. I watch the combine and read what people have to say about all these prospects. I’m just giving you my opinion. I certainly welcome yours in the comments section.
3. I’ve been consistent in saying I am not as huge a fan as most of the quarterbacks in this class. That doesn’t mean I don’t think they’ll be drafted high, just that I believe those teams would be reaching.
4. I don’t anticipate my feelings changing very much between now and the draft with the combine out of the way. Other than small changes due to workouts, injuries, or newsworthy info, I never understand why anyone’s rankings would change that much between now and the draft.
TOP 32 FOR 2014
1. DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
2. OT Greg Robinson, Auburn
3. OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
4. QB Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
5. OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan
6. OLB Khalil Mack, Buffalo
7. WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
8. DT Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
9. DT Dominique Easley, Florida
10. DE Dee Ford, Auburn
11. WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson
12. DT Louis Nix, Notre Dame
13. OLB Kyle Van Noy, BYU
14. CB Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
15. WR Kelvin Benjamin, FSU
16. S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama
17. OLB Ryan Shazier, Ohio State
18. CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
19. TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina
20. OT/OG Zach Martin, Notre Dame
21. S Calvin Pryor, Louisville
22. QB Zach Metenberger, LSU
23. DT Timmy Jernigan, FSU
24. CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
25. WR Odell Beckham, Jr, LSU
26. QB Blake Bortles, UCF
27. QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
28. OT Antonio Richardson, Tennessee
29. CB Jason Verrett, TCU
30. WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt
31. DT Anthony Johnson, LSU
32.CB LaMarcus Joyner, FSUTuck: NFL Draft Top 32 Prospects by Mike Tuck