Tuck: Miami Hurricanes Schedule
MIAMI HURRICANES 2013 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Aug. 30 FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Sept. 7 FLORIDA
Sept. 14 OPEN
Sept. 21 SAVANNAH STATE
Sept. 28 at South Florida
Oct. 5 GEORGIA TECH
Oct. 12 OPEN
Oct. 17 at North Carolina (Thursday)
Oct. 26 WAKE FOREST
Nov. 2 at Florida State
Nov. 9 VIRGINIA TECH
Nov. 16 at Duke
Nov. 23 VIRGINIA
Nov. 29 at Pittsburgh (Friday)
- The Canes only leave the state of Florida three times all season
- The Canes don't leave home until the 5th week of the year, and don't leave the state until mid-October
- The Canes play all four non-conference foes before beginning ACC play
- The addition of Pittsburgh to the Coastal Division (and Syracuse to the conference) will force Miami to play Virginia Tech at home in back-2-back seasons and at Duke in consecutive years
- The Canes play the Gators for the first time since 2008. Miami lost that game 26-3 in the swamp, but owns a 28-26 series advantage and had won 6 straight against Florida before that.
- The Canes played Pitt last in 2010, and beat the Panthers on the road 31-3. That had been their only meeting since Miami left the Big East.
In my way-to-early-preseason rankings, I said Miami looked to be a strong national sleeper team next season, and this schedule should only help to promote that cause. The Canes will be preseason Coastal division favorites.