Which team would shock me the most if they didn’t make the playoffs this season?
1. Denver- The play in the AFC
Worst West. The offense added Wes Welker and Montee Ball. The defense added Dominique Rogers-Cromartie and Shaun Phillips. Repeat, they play in the same division as Kansas City, Oakland, and San Diego. Unless Peyton Manning gets hurt, no way they miss the playoffs.
2. New England- Since Tom Brady took over as starter, the Pats missed the playoffs once when he started more than one game. The fewest games they’ve won is 9, back in 2002. Nobody in the AFC East won more than 7 games last year. Unless Brady gets hurt, they’ll be in again.
3. Houston- Why the Texans? Because the AFC is so down (only 6 teams finished above .500 last year), and because they should only be better this year after winning the South back-2-back seasons.
4. San Francisco- The defending NFC Champions are loaded. The roster might be the most talented and deep in the league. Could they miss? Sure. But who else would surprise you more out of the NFC?
5. Green Bay- Debated this for awhile between the Packers, Falcons, and Seahawks. I ended up on Green Bay because their division is a little more friendly than the South and the West. The Packers have won 11, 15, 10, and 11 games in each of the last 4 years, making the playoffs each season. I wouldn’t feel great betting against them as long as Aaron Rodgers is playing.