- - http://www.sportstalkflorida.com -
Tuck: Bracketology- 4 Weeks To Go
Posted By Mike Tuck On February 20, 2014 @ 1:52 PM In 1080 Sports,College,Florida News,Insider Main,main feature,TO - Mike Tuck Column,TO - Tuck and O'Neill main | No Comments
The top line remains the same with 4 weeks to go. Syracuse is still the #1 overall team even after losing to BC last night. They are followed by Arizona, Florida, and Wichita State.
I believe at this point the teams most likely to supplant one of those teams are, in order: Michigan State, Kansas, Duke, Virginia, and Iowa State. I think that is the complete list.
And with that said, the top seeds are sitting pretty comfortable right now. Syracuse could slide if they lose the ACC to either Duke or Virginia. Wichita State will need an unbeaten season, otherwise they fall in the St. Louis/San Diego State category. Florida and Arizona each have two incredibly close losses on the season, but the Wildcats schedule stands up better. Each would need to lose a couple more games to be caught by someone.
– Creighton strikes me as a very tough out. They score so easily, and everyone is a threat despite Doug McDermott being the obvious go-to guy and favorite to win the national player of the year. If they can avoid a team that can beat them up on the glass, they will go far.
– Iowa State was unbeaten out of conference with wins over Michigan and Iowa. They have a 3-headed monster of Melvin Ejim, Georges Niang, and DeAndre Kane. They are the only team in America that has scored at least 70 points in every game. I am a fan.
– I think UConn is the best bet to go far out of the AAC. Biggest reason is Shabazz Napier who leads the Huskies in scoring, assists, and rebounds.
– I do love Louisville’s moxie however. They’ve really found themselves after losing Chane Behanan and Kevin Ware. They are better now than they are being given credit for.
– I said on the radio earlier in the week that Syracuse would lose at least twice in the regular season. I didn’t expect Boston College to be one of them. The Eagles have beaten Virginia Tech (twice), Sacred Heart (in OT), and Philadelphia University (not a I-A school!!!) since Thanksgiving. In other words, this was a HUGE upset.
– The Big East and A-10 tournaments will be fascinating because so many bubble teams will be involved.
2. Michigan State
6. North Carolina
2. San Diego State
1. Wichita State
4. St. Louis
3. Iowa State
Article printed from : http://www.sportstalkflorida.com
URL to article: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/tuck-bracketology-4-weeks-to-go/
Copyright © 2011 ESPN Florida. All rights reserved.