Tuck: Bold Predictions For The 2014 MLB Season
- The Astros are going to suck again, BUT they do have a LOADED farm system that includes 7 of the top 75 or so prospects in all of baseball. So by 2016 they could be a real threat in the AL West.
- The Cubs will have the worst record in the NL, but like Houston could be good in a couple years.
- The Mariners will finish above .500 thanks to their spending spree.
- The Angels have star power, but no depth, and it will keep them out of the playoffs again.
- The Indians will win the AL Central behind their pitching staff, which receives a boost of having Yan Gomes elevated to their top catcher.
- The Tigers are old in the wrong spots, and it will show.
- Derek Jeter will make the all-star team, and it will be much debated whether or not it was earned.
- Cliff Lee will win a playoff game. Of course it won't be with Philly.
- Giancarlo Stanton will be the MLB HR king.
- Ryan Braun will be an all-star.
- Albert Pujols will be the comeback player of the year.
- Mike Trout will finally win the AL MVP.
- Yu Darvish will win the AL Cy young award.
- Hanley Ramirez will win the NL MVP.
- Stephen Strasburg will win the NL Cy Young award.
AL EAST-Tampa Bay, Baltimore,Boston, New York, Toronto
AL CENTRAL-Cleveland, Kansas City,Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota
AL WEST-Oakland,Texas, Seattle, Los Angeles, Houston
NL EAST-Washington,Atlanta, New York, Miami, Philadelphia
NL CENTRAL-St. Louis, Cincinnati,Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Chicago
NL WEST-Los Angeles, Arizona,San Francisco, Colorado, San Diego
WORLD SERIES-St. Louis 4-1 over Tampa Bay