Tuck: Best Quarterbacks In The NFL
This isn't projecting. This isn't drafting for the future. This is starting up a season tomorrow. At this moment, how I'd rank the quarterbacks. There is certainly some wiggle room. The difference between #4 and #10 is greater than that from #10 to #16.
There are 32 teams in the NFL. I don't feel like ranking the less than average group. Is Ryan Fitzpatrick better than Tim Tebow or Matt Moore or Mark Sanchez? I don't really care. I don't see any of them winning a Super Bowl next season.
Alex Smith? Great season, but helped out by a great coach and defense. I can't misremember the first 7 years of his career. Toughest omission? Josh Freeman. The Buc's QB should be on this list. But he looked bad, turnover-prone, and checked down far too often last year.
16. Andy Dalton- A second round rookie? He showed me enough and with his work ethic he should only improve.
15. Matt Schaub- He should have a great cast around him next year and a chance to prove he's better than around the middle of the pack.
14. Joe Flacco- Proved more in defeat at New England than he did in victory over Houston. He's better than most.
13. Mike Vick- The ultimate wild card, but still not sure I can win the big prize with him or keep him healthy, and he isn't getting younger.
12. Matt Ryan- Ice cold. Seasons aren't ending well, but I like what I see otherwise. He can be the guy, just hasn't yet.
11. Cam Newton- I'll give you this, he might prove he should be higher on the list, I am just not ready to put him higher yet.
10. Jay Cutler- With a better offensive line and a running game he was playing even better, just a shame he got hurt.
9. Philip Rivers- Bad year, but I'd still put him in this spot.
8. Matt Stafford- He's tough and clutch and young, and rising.
7. Tony Romo- Too high you think? Who behind him has done more? I like him and his intangibles.
6. Ben Roethlisberger- No shame sitting in this spot.
5. Eli Manning- Yes, he's earned this.
4. Drew Brees- Very little not to like.
3. Peyton Manning- Obviously, I am giving him this spot assuming he's healthy for next season.
2. Tom Brady- I know he's still playing. He's all-time great, but he's not the best.
1. Aaron Rodgers- He's the best going right now. No weaknesses in his game.