Tuck: 2013 NFL Mock Draft
My initial thoughts:
I’ve never seen so much debate on a draft board. Guys can go top 5 in one mock, and outside the top 20 in another.
The Chiefs decision may hinge on whether or not they resign OT Branden Albert.
Health is a major concern for two of the best players in this draft. Star Lotulelei and Jarvis Jones are almost impossible to project today.
I didn’t include a quarterback in the first round, but I’d expect all the teams picking in the late-20’s to get phone calls about moving down into the second round so that someone can move up to grab a quarterback or two.
And finally, a reminder that the draft is 7 rounds. You don’t necessarily draft your biggest need in the first round, even though it looks to make sense in a mock draft.
2-27-13, Post Combine Mock Draft
1. Kansas City- DE Dion Jordan, Oregon
2. Jacksonville- LT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
3. Oakland- DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
4. Philadelphia- CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
5. Detroit- DE Ezekial Ansah, BYU
6. Cleveland- DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
7. Arizona- LT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
8. Buffalo- OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
9. New York Jets- OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
10. Tennesee- DE Bjoern Werner, FSU
11. San Diego- OG Chance Wormack, Alabama
12. Miami- CB Xavier Rhodes, FSU
13. Tampa Bay- TE Tyler Eiffert, Notre Dame
14. Carolina- DE Demontre Moore, Texas A&M
15. New Orleans- DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
16. St. Louis- WR Cordarelle Patterson, Tennessee
17. Pittsburgh- OLB Barkevious Mingo, LSU
18. Dallas- WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
19. New York Giants- LB Manti Te’o, Notre Dame
20. Chicago- S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
21. Cincinnati- RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama
22. St. Louis (from Washington)- DT Jessie Williams, Alabama
23. Minnesota- CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
24. Indianapolis- OG Jonathon Cooper, North Carolina
25. Seattle- DE Sam Montgomery, LSU
26. Green Bay- TE Zach Ertz, Stanford
27. Houston- CB Jonathon Banks, Mississippi State
28. Denver- LB Arthur Brown, Kansas State
29. New England- OT DJ Fluker, Alabama
30. Atlanta- DT Kawann Short, Purdue
31. San Francisco- DE Datone Jones, UCLA
32. Baltimore- S Matt Elam, Florida