Bucs Danny Lansanah Closes Out The Preseason
Bucs Preseason: Danny Lansanah
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers lost to the Washington Redskins 24-10 Thursday night at Raymond James Stadium. Bucs linebacker Danny Lansanah spoke to the media about his play and if he put enough on tape for the coaching staff.
BUCCANEERS POSTGAME NOTES
- CB Keith Lewis recorded his first career interception in the second quarter, picking off Redskins QB Colt McCoy in the endzone, resulting in a touchback.
- At the close of the first half, LB Nate Askew recorded his first career interception, grabbing a tipped pass in the endzone and returning it 15 yards.
- On the opening drive of the second half, DE Scott Solomon dropped Redskins QB McCoy for a 5-yard loss on third down, forcing a punt. It was Solomon?s second sack of the preseason, tying him for the team lead.
- K Patrick Murray connected on his first field goal of the night in the third quarter, a 35-yard boot that capped an eight-play, 59-yard drive. It is Murray?s second made field goal of the preseason.
- The Buccaneers scored a touchdown on their next possession, a 25-yard scoring catch by WR Solomon Patton from QB Mike Kafka. It is Patton?s first career receiving touchdown, and Kafka?s second scoring toss of this preseason.
- P Michael Koenen kicked the extra point following the touchdown. Koenen last kicked regular season extra point in 2006 with Atlanta.
- The following players made their first start as Buccaneers this preseason: OL Josh Allen, DB Marc Anthony, TE Cameron Brate, DE Larry English, LB Dane Fletcher, CB Anthony Gaitor, QB Mike Glennon, DT Matthew Masifilo, WR Louis Murphy, T Kevin Pamphile, CB Quinton Pointer, DE Scott Solomon, DT Akeem Spence, DL Ronald Talley and S Keith Tandy.
Source: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Media