NOV. 14: The Boston Herald’s Jen Royle tweets that Napoli has not received a multiyear offer from Boston, but rather just a one-year offer at a higher salary than the $14.1MM qualifying offer he rejected on Monday. A one-year
Reports have varied regarding what type of offer the Red Sox have made to re-sign Mike Napoli, but in the meantime Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have expressed interest in the free agent first
A baseball source said Tuesday that shortstop Stephen Drew will not return to the Red Sox because
The Drew era in Boston, bookended by a World Series title won by older brother J.D. in 2007 and another Series title won by younger brother Stephen last month, is coming to a close. A baseball source said Tuesday
Mike Napoli has decided to turn down the Red Sox' qualifying offer.
Free agent first baseman Mike Napoli is expected to reject Boston's $14.1-million, one-year qualifying offer and play the field.
Mike Napoli wants to shop before making his final decision.
Boston "really wants" Tim Hudson for 2014.
The Red Sox are pursuing Carlos Beltran for 2014.
The Red Sox have checked in on veteran starter Tim Hudson, and several other teams have, too, but while Boston