Ryne Sandberg, Lucas Duda Got Food Poisoning
Shake Shacks in New York are causing problems left and right.
Both Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg and Mets first baseman Lucas Duda claim they fell sick this weekend after eating burgers from seperate Shake Shacks.
Sandberg got so sick from meat consumed at the Citi Field Shake Shack that he reportedly lost six pounds in two days. A few Phillies coaches almost fell to the food poisoning as well. They were about to eat the suspect meat but pulled back at the last minute.
?A couple of coaches took a bite and didn?t like what they saw and threw the rest away,? Sandberg said per the New York Post. ?I was in a rush so I ended up putting it away. ?I had one piece of toast in two days, and I?m feeling fine about that. I don?t want anything in my stomach.?
Duda was forced to miss Friday's game as he was in the hospital.