- Sports Talk Florida - http://www.sportstalkflorida.com -
NHL Playoffs: Two Game Sevens Tonignt
Posted By Sports Talk Florida On May 13, 2013 @ 8:35 AM In NHL | No Comments
OPENING-ROUND EXCITEMENT PEAKS MONDAY NIGHT WITH GAME 7s TO DECIDE TWO EASTERN CONFERENCE SERIES
NEW YORK (May 13, 2013) — The Conference Quarterfinal round of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs reaches its dramatic conclusion Monday night when a pair of Eastern Conference series will be decided in Game 7. The Boston Bruins host the Toronto Maple Leafs at TD Garden (7 p.m., ET, CBC, RDS,CNBC) and the Washington Capitals welcome the New York Rangers to Verizon Center (8 p.m., ET, NBCSN, TSN, RDS2).
Toronto Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins
7 p.m., ET (CBC, RDS, CNBC)
* The Bruins and Maple Leafs will meet in a Game 7 for just the third time in their 89-season rivalry and for the first time since April 7, 1959, when the Maple Leafs skated away with a 3-2 win at Boston Garden to win their Semifinal series.
* The Bruins will be competing in a Game 7 for the eighth time in the past six seasons. In 2011 the Bruins became the first club in NHL history to win three Game 7s in one playoff year, eliminating the Montreal Canadiens and Tampa Bay Lightning in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals and Final, respectively, and toppling the Vancouver Canucks in the Stanley Cup Final. Boston dropped a seven-game decision to the Washington Capitals in the 2012 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals.
* The Maple Leafs are appearing in their first Game 7 since April 20, 2004, when the club posted a 4-1 victory over Ottawa in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals. Toronto will attempt to win a best-of-seven series it trailed 3-1 for the second time. In 1942, the Maple Leafs made history by overcoming a 3-0 deficit to defeat the Detroit in the Stanley Cup Final.
New York Rangers at Washington Capitals
8 p.m., ET (NBCSN, TSN, RDS2)
* The Capitals and Rangers are meeting in a Game 7 for the second consecutive season. On May 12, 2012, Brad Richards scored 92 seconds after the opening faceoff and Henrik Lundqvist made 22 saves as the Rangers defeated Washington 2-1 at Madison Square Garden to claim their Eastern Conference Semifinal.
* Each of the past five games of this year’s series has been decided by one goal, including two that required overtime. Of the 13 games these clubs have contested in the 2012 and 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs, 11 have been one-goal decisions.
* The Capitals have won 10 of their last 11 home playoff games against the Rangers dating to April 24, 2009, with their lone loss during that stretch coming in Game 3 of last year’s second-round meeting, a triple-overtime affair.
Source: NHL Media
Article printed from Sports Talk Florida: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com
URL to article: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/nhl-playoffs-two-game-sevens-tonignt/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/nhl-playoffs-two-game-sevens-tonignt/rangers_capitals_seven_2013/
Copyright © 2011 ESPN Florida. All rights reserved.