- Sports Talk Florida - http://www.sportstalkflorida.com -
New Weekly Everything Power Rankings
Posted By Sports Talk Florida On September 17, 2013 @ 1:59 pm In 1040 Sports,main feature,NCAA,NFL | No Comments
In this story and on The Charlie Bernstein Show, we answer the question, “who cares about mediocrity?” definitively as we say to hell with a 1-32 NFL Power Rankings, a standard 1-25 college football poll are anything else that’s become standard and mundane. We look only toward the best and worst.
1. Seattle Seahawks- They throttled the 49ers, who I thought were the best team in football. The Seahawks can beat you in any type of game and they never lose at home.
2. Denver Broncos-The Broncos have too many weapons for any defense to defend. Let’s see what happens when the weather gets colder.
3. Chicago Bears- Smokin’ Jay led the team from behind to another victory. Martellus Bennett may be the most underrated free agent acquisition of the season.
4. New Orleans Saints- Their defense is much improved and Malcolm Jenkins is turning into one of the best safeties in the NFL.
5. Miami Dolphins- The Dolphins front seven is as good as any in the league right now and Ryan Tannehill is turning into a playmaking quarterback. We’ll learn a lot more from the Dolphins this weekend as they take on the Atlanta Falcons.
1. Alabama- They beat a legitimate Top 10 team on the road after falling behind 14-0. Big time performance.
2. Oregon- They beat an SEC team by 45 points. Nobody else will do that to Tennessee.
3. Clemson- I can’t drop them for not playing this week.
4. Louisville- Solid performance against an SEC team on the road in a rivalry game.
5. Stanford- They traveled all the way east and won a game against a mediocre Army team. Tough spot for Stanford as they likely weren’t up for the game.
1. John Football-He led his team to the highest yardage output Alabama has ever allowed. And 42 points. It’s not his fault the defense is awful.
2. Teddy B.- I can’t downgrade him too much for beating a SEC rival on the road despite not putting up video game numbers.
3. Jameis Winston- He has more touchdowns (6) than incompletions (5).
1. Chicken Wings- When done properly there’s no beating wings. Spicy, crispy goodness.
2. Buffalo Shrimp- Usually consistent and good, even if the sauce isn’t great.
3. Chili Cheese Fries- As long as they’re loaded with jalapenos and the fries are thin this is a lovely treat. Spicy ranch dressing makes for a great dipping sauce.
4. Fried Mozzarella- Does anyone not like this? Not the sticks but the squares. Carrabba’s makes excellent ones.
5. Mussels Fra Diavolo- I love the spicy mix with the marinara sauce with these treasures from the sea. They are also good with garlic and white wine.
The Charlie Bernstein Show airs live on Sportstalk 1040 The Team from 3-7 pm, Monday through Friday. You can listen live by clicking here. 
Article printed from Sports Talk Florida: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com
URL to article: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/new-weekly-everything-power-rankings/
URLs in this post:
 You can listen live by clicking here.: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/charlie-bernstein-show/
Copyright © 2011 ESPN Florida. All rights reserved.