- - http://www.sportstalkflorida.com -
NCAA Adopts New Recruiting Rules
Posted By Seth Moed On October 30, 2013 @ 8:18 PM In College,Sports Media | No Comments
The Division I Board of Directors on Wednesday said in a news release the rules are effective immediately.
The new rules include:
• Allowing football players to participate in eight hours per week of required weight training and conditioning. Up to two of the eight hours can consist of film review.
• Prohibiting school staff members from attending all-star games or activities associated with those games.
• Establishing an extended dead period when no in-person recruiting can take place in December and January. For 2013-14, Dec. 16 through Jan. 15 is now a dead period.
• Establishing a 14-day dead period in late June and early July for FBS schools.
• Allowing schools to pay for meals for up to four family members who accompany a recruit on an official visit.
In other business, the board asked the Leadership Council to study whether heavy reliance on online courses is appropriate for student-athletes.
Source: Associated Press
Article printed from : http://www.sportstalkflorida.com
URL to article: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/ncaa-adopts-new-recruiting-rules/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ncaa-logo.jpg
Copyright © 2011 ESPN Florida. All rights reserved.