Montreal Prospect Bozon Released From Hospital
Tim Bozon, the Montreal prospect that had been placed in a medically-induced coma following a meningitis diagnosis, was released from Saskatoon’s Royal University Hospital on Friday.
Bozon’s father, Philippe, is a former NHL player that spent four seasons with St. Louis in the early ’90s. He said his son’s recovery was “amazing” considering Tim spent most of the past month in intensive care, including several days in the aforementioned coma, designed to reduce swelling around his brain.
As for the future, Dr. Gary Hunter said he has high hopes for Bozon — the 64th overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft — resuming his playing career.
“It’s very difficult to speculate exactly on his long-term neurological prognosis but his early progress has been so tremendous and he’s such a healthy guy that I’m very optimistic about that [playing hockey again].”
For more on this story visit: Mike Halford, NBC Sports