Michele Smith Talks Michigan vs FSU and Women College Softball
Why You Should Listen : I talked to two-time gold medalist and ESPN Women College Softball Analyst Michele Smith about the Seminoles Super Regional Match up against Michigan at Joanne Graf Field starting on Thursday at 7pm on ESPN. Smith talked about the keys to the series as she be working the series with Pam Ward. Smith talked about the year that Lacey Waldrop has had for the Noles and where she ranks among the best pitchers in the country. Michele Smith discusses the growth of Women Softball in the state of Florida where Smith resides. Smith breaks down how Michigan was able to upset Arizona State to get to Tallahassee and what will be some of the keys to the series.
Smith discuss the wide open player of the year race, The SEC vs Pac 12 debate, Has the SEC passed the Pac 12? Smith also talks about a couple of other Super Regional matchups that she is looking forward to seeing this weekend. Michelle Smith who was a former 2-time all-american at Oklahoma State during her college career also talks about what she would change if she was in charge of the sport and more.
ESPN's Women College Softball Anaylst Michele Smith Talks College Softball :
Schedule for Michigan at Florida State with Pam Ward and Michele Smith on the call. You can check out all the coverage that ESPN will have of the Super Regionals right here.
Tallahassee Super Regional
Date Time (ET) Game/Commentators Network
Thur, May 22 7 p.m. Game No. 1: Michigan vs. No. 8 Florida State ESPN
Fri, May 23 : 4 p.m. Game No. 2: No. 8 Florida State vs. Michigan ESPNU
7 p.m. Game No. 3: (if nec) ESPN
- Michele Smith Fastpitch, Inc. President (1998 present)
- Conducting coach and player clinics throughout the U.S.
- Motivational speaking for companies and local community organizations - topics include Women in Leadership, Perseverance, Sports Training, and TeamBuilding.
- Authoring and producing educational videos & books on softball pitching, hitting, and training.
- Sports associations program development, increasing participation, coaching techniques, training programs
- Performance gear designing and product testing
- Musco Sports Lighting Marketing for Special Programs (1996 present)
- Building special projects in communities around the World.
- PSR Properties, LLC Co Owner (2003 present)
- Real estate Investment Company focusing on restoration of homes.
- International Softball Federation (ISF) (2005 2009)
- U.S. player representative to ISF delegation regarding reinstatement of Olympic softball.
- Chair of the Athletes Ambassadors Committee for the Back Softball Campaign.
- ESPN Lead Color Analyst for Womens College Softball (1998 present)
- NBC Olympic Analyst for the Beijing Olympic Games (2008)
- TBS MLB Dodgers vs Braves 1st Female Analyst to ever call a game (2012)
- CBS Sports Network Analyst for youth events (2007 present)
- Toyota Shokki Company (1993 2008)
- Special marketing promotion appearances.
- Representative of Toyota Shokki Womens Professional Fastpitch Team.
- 3N2 Sports - Orlando, FL (2009 present)
- Rip-It Sports Orlando, FL (2008 present)
- Musco Sports Lighting Oskaloosa, IA (1996 present)
- JUGS Sports, Inc. Portland, OR (1996 present)
- Nike Portland, OR (1996 2004)
- Worth Sports St. Louis, MO (1994 2007)
- U.S. Olympic Softball Team (1996 and 2000)
- Starting pitcher for gold medal winning U.S. team at the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta and the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia
- U.S. National Softball Team (1992 - 2002)
- Two Olympic gold medals (1996 & 2000)
- Three gold medals in World Championships (1994, 1998, 2002)
- Two gold medals in Pan American Games (1995 & 1999)
- Japan Pro Softball League (1993- 2008)
- 8 time MVP
- 8 time Japan League championships with Toyota Shokki
- Womens Major ASA Fastpitch
- 10 time All American
- 4 time Bertha Tickey Award for most outstanding pitcher
- 3 consecutive national championships (Redding Rebels 1993 1995)
- Oklahoma State University (1985 1990)
- 82-20 record holds OSU career wins record
- ERA .75
- .343 batting average (15 HR and 87 RBIs)
- Academic All-Big Eight (1989)
- MVP of the Big Eight Tournament (1989)
- Voorhees High School (1982 1985)
- Three sport athlete: Field Hockey, Basketball, Softball
- 46-6 record and selected to All-State Softball Team 3 years
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Clearwater Champion for Youth Award (honored 2014)
- Bill Teegins Excellence in Sportscasting Award (honored 2014)
- Oklahoma State Univ. Alumni Hall of Fame (inducted 2011)
- Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame (inducted 2010)
- ASA Softball Hall of Fame (inducted 2006)
- All American ASA Womens Major Fastpitch (1989 1998)
- NJSIAA/Bollinger High School Hall of Fame (inducted 1998)
- Shasta County Sports Hall of Fame (Redding Rebels, CA - softball)
- ASA Sportswoman of the Year (1990 & 1994)
- United States Olympic Committee (USOC) Sportswoman of the Year (1990 & 1994)
Eric Lopez host ELOOnlinePodcast which airs onSportstalkflorida.com. Eric Lopez also host 1080am Insiders Show that airs Sundays from 10-11ameastern on Sportstalk1080 the team in Orlando. Lopez also fills in on Tuck and O'Neill on Sportstalk1080 the Team Orlando.