Mariotti Show Replay: Wednesday, Jan. 22nd
Missed part of the show? Here’s a rewind of the program on January 22, 2014.
The Mariotti Show streams live M-F noon to 3 ET.
Hour One on The Jay Mariotti Show: January 22, 2014:
SUPER BOWL-FREE ZONE
YANKEES SIGN TANAKA
– Desperate team, had to outbid competition
– Of course, over the luxury-tax threshold
– Have spent a half-billion, and no sure things
– Tanaka should be terrific, but never know with Japan pitchers
– Darvish, Uehara, Nomo worked out well
– As Yankees know, Igawa and Irabu not so much
– Takes attention away from A-Rod circus, for now
– Still rank behind Red Sox, Rays, Tigers, Rangers, A’s
– Sons of George feeling heat
– At least they’re a big conversation piece again
– Was it smarter to resign Cano than a 2-for-1 Ellsbury, McCann?
– Cano is dynamic, reliable, durable. Ellsbury still unknown quantity
Hour Two on The Jay Mariotti Show: January 22, 2014:
– Stern has left league in astonishingly great health
– Best commissioner ever, understood how to blitz-market superstars
– Durant, awesome without Westbrook, MVP leader
– LeBron, trying to cope without Wade, Heat falling behind Pacers
– Indiana deeper, better, healthier than Miami
– Twelve of top 14 teams in West
– No way Kobe should return and risk health on bad team
– First of all, it’s consumer fraud
– If tanking, team should offer refunds to fans
– Are we sure upcoming draft is all that?
– Wiggins hot and cold, could use another college season
– No certainty Parker is leaving Duke this spring
– Embiid might be No. 1 pick
– Self better win national title with Wiggins, Embiid on team
– Kentucky kids, save Randle, not ready for NBA
– Federer makes statement, not going away yet
– Murray regressing, dominance short-lived, soft
– Serena injured, but America MIA again
– U.S. men? Sampras, Agassi, McEnroe, Connors — what happened?
– Why do women players hate each other?
Hour Three on The Jay Mariotti Show: January 22, 2014:
– ESPN’s superfan creation is embarrassing network
– Doesn’t have training to edit sensitive Grantland pieces
– Why is a superfan making decisions on story involving transgender, suicide?
– He has helped ruin sports media, enabling other fans to write without training
PRO BOWL, PLEASE GO AWAY
– What is the point?
– Should make it a fan festival
SUPER BOWL RETURNS THURSDAY AND NEXT 10 DAYS