Mariotti Show Replay: Wednesday, Feb. 5th
Missed part of the show? Here’s a rewind of the program on February 5, 2014.
The Mariotti Show streams live M-F noon to 3 ET.
Hour One on The Jay Mariotti Show: February 5, 2014:
ANXIETY IN SOCHI
– This is most vulnerable of all Olympics
– Terrorism, unpreparedness, corruption, anti-gay climate
– IOC should be ashamed for putting Games there
– Vladimir Putin’s $51 billion farce, a tyrant’s ego
– If plumbing doesn’t work, how will venues operate?
– As vet of 14 Olympics, Jay is stunned at disarray
– Not just a lot of journalists whining, severe concerns
– Major challenge, balancing hard news with warm/fuzzy
– Hope Costas is unleashed with appropriate commentary
– Time difference means wee-hours live viewing
– U.S. hockey games: 7:30 a.m. starts
– No Vonn/Tiger to sell, need U.S. stars
– Realistic in 21st century to convene for global sports event?
– Future of NHL participation uncertain
Hour Two on The Jay Mariotti Show: February 5, 2014:
– First of two, three?
– Will Carroll rap “Thrift Shop” with Macklemore?
– Will whole team do yoga session?
– City deserves it after sports heartbreak
– Has league studied drug-related tweets?
– Clearly a friendship gone awry, but still bullying by Incognito
– If Martin isn’t satified, he could sue Dolphins, NFL
– Martin will end up in Indy with Luck or SF with Harbaugh
– Incognito should be run out of league
– Judge Brody and the lawsuit settlement
– Manziel vs. Bortles
– Vick as free agent
– Who does Denver sign to help Manning?
– League can’t afford more
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SIGNING DAY
– Who else? Alabama rules day
– Saban remains supreme recruiter
– Florida State gets top receiver out of Miami
WINSTON AS BASEBALL PITCHER
– FSU wants him as closer
– Bo Jackson could go two-way as OF, RB
– Can’t be an NFL QB and pitch in MLB
– Florida introduces Walker, serious national title contender
– Jay likes Florida, Syracuse, Michigan State, Arizona
– Imagine pressure on Self with Wiggins, Embiid
Hour Three on The Jay Mariotti Show: February 5, 2014:
SOCHI OLYMPICS PREVIEW