Mariotti Show Replay: Thursday, Jan. 9th
Missed part of the show? Here’s a rewind of the program on January 9, 2014.
The Mariotti Show streams live M-F noon to 3 ET.
Hour One on The Jay Mariotti Show: January 9, 2014:
JAY GRUDEN, NEW REDSKINS COACH
– Shoudn’t congratulate him, but pray for him
– Snyder’s eighth coach in 14 years
– Can he fix RG3, unite locker room?
BOBBY PETRINO, BACK AT LOUISVILLE
– Pitino, Petrino both scandalized, forgiven
– What is university telling us about standards?
– No doubting Petrino as quality coach
– Needed big name for ACC
– Probably upgrade from Strong, but not in character
JAMES FRANKLIN, NEW PENN STATE COACH
– Great hire, offensive innovator, success at Vandy
– Knows Pennsylvania, will recruit well
– O’Brien left him in excellent shape
– Another African-American hire
LANE KIFFIN AT ALABAMA
– Is Saban sure he knows what he’s doing?
– Have to groom new QB
– Nussmeier leaves for Michigan to save Hoke’s job
JAMEIS WINSTON, CIVIL SUIT
– Knew this was coming: They want his money
– Know he’ll be worth megamillions in 15 months
– Public mud-slinging in civil case would hurt him and accuser
– She likely wants a settlement or payoff, but he has no money
– School might be sued, continuing distraction
– How will this affect his psyche, future endorsements?
– If loses civil suit, would affect next year’s Heisman
DENNIS RODMAN, NORTH KOREA
– Apologized, admits he was drunk in disoriented CNN interview
– Already knew he was a disgrace, this is so far over the top
– Baseball diplomacy? Being used by madman dictator
– Lucky we all weren’t nuked
Hour Two on The Jay Mariotti Show: January 9, 2014:
– Ratings never higher, settlement with former players about over
– Goodell has dodged a speed train because product is great
– Amid concussion crisis, people love the higher scores
– Parity, attrition create unpredictability, wild finishes
– QBs on display, old-school and newbies
– Most pressure on Manning
– Kaepernick vs. Newton, Brady vs. Luck are treats
– Brees will struggle in rain, Wilson will thrive
– Rain and wind gusts in Seattle
– Rain and 40s at New England
– Sunny and 50s in Charlotte for thawing 49ers
– Sunny and low 40s in Denver, no 32-and-under for Manning
DAN LE BATARD
– Glad he challenged Hall of Fame voting system
– But by mocking it, he mocked himself and hurt career
– Use your own ESPN platforms, don’t go to low-rent website
– Unprofessional, self-promoting, immature. Should know better.
– The voting system is broken, but this isn’t productive way of fixing.
Hour Three on The Jay Mariotti Show: January 9, 2014:
RESET GRUDEN, PETRINO, COACHING NEWS
RIC FLAIR IN MIDDLE OF 49ERS-PANTHERS STORM
Talk with us during the show:
Call him Toll Free (877) 355-1040