Mariotti Show Replay: Friday, Jan. 3rd
Missed part of the show? Here’s a rewind of the program on January 3, 2014.
The Mariotti Show streams live M-F noon to 3 ET.
Hour One on The Jay Mariotti Show: January 3, 2014:
READY FOR SNOW, FROSTBITE, FROZEN TUNDRA
– Green Bay braces for epic, all-time cold game
– Maybe Cincinnati and Philadelphia, too
– Something about snow game that separates men from wimps, rallies city
– All feeding into NY snowsteria about Super Bowl
– Green Bay, Ice Bowl revisited? Could be -10 to -15
– You’d think Packers would have edge, but Harbaugh, 49ers, defense tough
– Kaepernick, who plays great vs. Pack, grew up in Wisconsin
– Like Gore over Lacy in this game
– Rodgers, might be limited by weather
DOES NFL HAVE A TICKET ISSUE?
– Bengals, Packers, Colts didn’t sell out until NFL grants extension
– Bigger issue — backlash from fans tired of stadium experience?
– Yes, home viewing on HD is great, but prices, weather, drunks
– Who wants to sit out in that weather?
– Briles pulls out
– Is it possible this isn’t as sweet a job as good old boys think?
– Or secretly waiting on Fisher, Malzahn?
– Mora also pulls out
– Kansas City and Charles over Indy
– Road-phobic Saints have no chance in hostile Philly chill
– Cincinnati too balanced and home-dominant for Chargers
– Take Harbaugh, Gore and SF physicality vs. shaky GB defense
Hour Two on The Jay Mariotti Show: January 3, 2014:
– Winston says he’d join Fisher at Texas, think he’s kidding
– Contract extensions are dubious
NON-TITLE BCS GAMES
– Have been entertaining, in last year of bad system
– Michigan State-Stanford good to last drop
– Loved Central Florida upset
– Amazing to see Saban embarrassed two games in row
– Wall Street Journal breaks down The Play vs. Auburn, Saban outcoached badly
– Stoops backs up words after criticizing SEC
– Sooners, Trevor Knight could be national contender
– Accuses special teams coach of mocking gays
– Former Vikings punter says anti-gay views got him cut
– Wrong. He wasn’t a good punter anymore, and he was a distraction
– Allowed social media and Deadspin affiliation to jettison career
– Kicker Blair Walsh and other Vikings players defend coach
– Is Kluwe lying just to get attention? Desperation?
Hour Three on The Jay Mariotti Show: January 3, 2014:
– Should know better than to deal with scummy websites
– He ruined career, and what is he left with?
– Could lose lawsuit if special teams coach files one?
– Walsh and other Vikings not backing Kluwe
– Lesson for players: Time and place for activism
– Also use credible forum, not amateur creep site
NATIONAL TITLE GAME
– Auburn will hang early with potent running game
– FSU will wear them down with complete, dominant team
– Name score in second half: Say, 48-24
– Possible dynasty, but will Jimbo stay?
– How does he turn down $8 million from Texas?
OHIO STATE VS. CLEMSON
– Miller vs. Boyd
– Otherwise, Disappointment Bowl
– Wearing parka just to watch on TV, that cold in GB
Talk with us during the show:
Call him Toll Free (877) 355-1040