Mariotti Show Replay: Friday, Jan. 24th
Missed part of the show? Here’s a rewind of the program on January 24, 2014.
The Mariotti Show streams live M-F noon to 3 ET.
Hour One on The Jay Mariotti Show: January 24, 2014:
THE STORM BEFORE THE STORM
– Manning, Wilson have large hands, says Wall Street Journal
– They can grip the ball in inclement weather!
– Extended forecasts say no blizzard
– Wind could be issue in Meadowlands
– Seahawks built for all conditions
– Broncos predicated on Peyton
RICHARD SHERMAN, AGAIN
– Important sociological case study
– If he’s well-educated and a future American leader, show it
– Agent says endorsements piling in
– Somehow, bigger topic than Manning
– Goodell criticized him
– There has been backlash to backlash
LEIGH STEINBERG INTERVIEW
– Prominent agent on how he would advise Sherman ahead
– Says didn’t lie, as Polian claimed, about Ryan Leaf story
– Chose Leaf over possible Manning representation
– Having his usual Super Bowl party in New York, on a rooftop
Hour Two on The Jay Mariotti Show: January 24, 2014:
JOSH BRENT JAIL SENTENCE — 180 DAYS?
– Dallas Cowboy who was drunk and killed teammate gets off light
– Can’t help but wonder if Jerry Jones influenced decision
– Had 0.18 percent blood-alcohol reading
– Justice system is corrupt in America
WHAT IS POINT OF PRO BOWL?
– NFL not conducive to an all-star game
– Too much concern about concussions, injuries
– Having Deion Sanders, Jerry Rice pick players is silly
– Goodell trying to create a ratings window
– Turn it into a week-before fan festival in NFL cities
NHL STADIUM SERIES
– Bettman is overexposing a great idea
– Don’t need six of these in one season
– Going to run out of venues
– Will ice stay frozen at Dodger Stadium?
– Why two in a week at Yankee Stadium?
– Hermosa Beach, Arizona desert, Red Rocks, Grand Ole Opry, White House backyard
– Those would be cool venues, but this is a big NHL money grab so forget it
– Applaud him for not choosing a logo for HOF day
– Valued experiences in Chicago and Atlanta, so why pick one?
Hour Three on The Jay Mariotti Show: January 24, 2014:
ELI HELPING PEYTON
– Promises to teach him nuances of MetLife Stadium
– Threw 15 interceptions there last season, 43 in career
– He knows the wind gusts, tricks
SUPER BOWL STORY LINES AHEAD
– Our coverage and guests next week
– Kobe shouldn’t play — then he’d have to return to Lakers, which is aimless
– Showcase for new era
– Love Curry, Kevin Love
LEIGH STEINBERG INTERVIEW
RED SOX MOCKING YANKEES
– Lucchino laughing at another Bronx money splurge
– A half-billion dollars, and no certainties