Mariotti Show Replay: Monday, Feb. 3rd
Missed part of the show? Here’s a rewind of the program on February 3, 2014.
The Mariotti Show streams live M-F noon to 3 ET.
Hour One on The Jay Mariotti Show: February 3, 2014:
ALL-TIME SHOW BY SEAHAWKS
– One of most dominant defensive performances in SB history
– Proved defense still can rule amid offensive explosions
– This wasn’t ’85 Bears stomping Eason, this was Manning
– Who saw it coming? They did, if we didn’t
– They’re mouthy, not gracious, but they back up the bluster
– Seeds in place for multiple championships
– Youngest roster for Super Bowl champion
– Defense intact, Wilson not due for new contract until 2016
MANNING THROWS DUCKS, LOSES ANOTHER BIG ONE
– Shocking to see this happen again
– No longer can defend him as greatest QB ever
– Totally discombobulated by opening botched snap
– Happy feet when Seahawks pressured him
– No elite athlete has wider discrepancy between triumphs, flops
– Is arm OK? Needs to be honest with Broncos
– Good thing he wants to return, this is no way to go out
FIRED TWICE, CARROLL A CHAMPION
– Hard to believe same guy fired by Jets, Patriots
– Inspirational story: How to reboot career, win in end
– Learned lessons at USC about coaching young men
– Applied lessons in Seattle, with yoga and new-ageism
– Wants guys thinking about repeat
INTERVIEW WITH BOB GLAUBER, NBC AND NEW YORK NEWSDAY
Hour Two on The Jay Mariotti Show: February 3, 2014:
A SEAHAWKS CORONATION
– Could defy league of parity, attrition and create a dynasty
– Defense may deserve all-time acclaim, waiting for encore
– A healthy Harvin will make offense more explosive
– 49ers, second-best team, in division, but no worries
– Best home edge in American sports, complete operation
ANOTHER MANNING NIGHTMARE
– How do Broncos prevent it from happening again?
– Still best team in a weak AFC
– Needs a big-time running back to ease some pressure
– Find receiving weapon to replace Decker
– OL will have Clady, but broke down Sunday
– Is Fox right head coach to win a Super Bowl?
DOES NEW YORK DESERVE ANOTHER SUPER BOWL?
– Not after two major issues Sunday night
– How did “truthist” sneak into stadium, interrrupt Smith MVP interview?
– Why didn’t organizers realize 28,000 train riders would jam station?
– Lucky to have survived those situations with little harm
– Lucky to have survived polar vortex
– Next time, won’t be so lucky
– What’s wrong with warm-weather rotation?
Hour Three on The Jay Mariotti Show: February 3, 2014:
– Mars only slighly better than Broncos
– Thank goodness for Chili Peppers
– A Super Bowl deserves epic acts
– Mars is no Prince or Michael Jackson
– Are ad creatives all stoned?
– Most lacked pizzazz
– Horses and puppies always jerk tears
– All in all, unless Seattle fan, meh day
SEAHAWKS’ PLACE IN HISTORY
MANNING’S WOBBLING PASSES, LEGACY
NFL OFFSEASON AHEAD
– Concussion lawsuit payoff
– What next in league that can’t avoid headlines?
READY FOR SOCHI OLYMPICS?