Mariotti Show Recap: Wednesday, Nov. 27th
Missed part of the show? Here’s a rewind of the program on November 27, 2013.
The Mariotti Show streams live M-F noon to 3 ET.
Hour One on The Jay Mariotti Show: November 27, 2013:
– Families, love, turkey, cranberries — and Packers OL calling Lions a dirty team
– Why do Detroit, Dallas always host? Spread it around
– Decision delayed for “two weeks or more” by Meggs
– One of Meggs’ top assistants in a murder case next week
– Waiting for evidence to arrive. Does he have enough?
– Great potential for chaos in Heisman, BCS title game
– What if wins Heisman and FSU in title game, then charged?
– What if FSU decides not to suspend him after charged? Firestorm
– Meggs better have the goods if he’s taking so long, media hound
– None us know what happened, but QB hasn’t been charged and feel for him
– Again, all one-sided media, Winston side quiet.
– Has denied it, must repeat. No charges, must repeat.
– McCarron, golden boy, ready to swoop in
– Jordan Lynch, on the periphery, Northern Illinois fairy tale
– Andre Williams, BC running back
SEAHAWKS DRUG SUSPENSIONS
– Poster team for PEDs, drug suspensions
– Since 2010, seven failed drug tests, eight if count Sherman
– Six suspensions for PEDs in that span
– Golden Tate says busted teammates “selfish”
– What kind of renegade house is Carroll running? USC, loose & reckless
– Thurmond suspended 4 games, non-PED substance abuse
– Browner, suspended last year PEDs, one-year suspension, not PED now
– Bruce Irvin, was out 4 games with PED suspension
– Sherman, won appeal of PED suspension last year
– Do have quality backups in Maxwell, Lane
– Saints, Brees MNF
Hour Two on The Jay Mariotti Show: November 27, 2013:
– Saban’s wife says Alabama fan base spoiled
– Says Nick not going anywhere, don’t believe them. Texas awaits
– Can Auburn run on Alabama? That is key
– Tickets, outrageous
– Excess on display, madness of rivalry
– McCarron worried about GF Webb in Auburn stands
– Quietly, Alabama cans coach who gave Clinton-Dix “loan”
– If Auburn shuts out Alabama, car dealer will pay for your new car
KOBE BRYANT SPEAKS
– Why are critics ripping him? Took major pay cut, LeBron the obvious target, easily doable
– Why wouldn’t LeBron want to take his entrepreneurial talents to Hollywood?
– Remember, Bryant there only 2 more years — LeBron takes over franchise after, adds talent
– Driven by titles. No doubt wants LeBron, though has a rivalry
– How would he deal not being alpha dog? Like Wade?
– Chides ESPN for calling him 25th best
– Loves to engage critics on Twitter — why stoop, Kobe?
– Shanahan sticking with him, no Cousins
– Shanahan 24-35 in four years, defends tenure.
– Snyder should and will make coaching change — impulsive owner
– RG3 needs a mentor he respects
– Stick by him? Polian, Young say yes
– Should RG3 be playing? Brooks doesn’t think so
– Not limping, but not same magic in legs
– He wants to play, McCarthy says slim to none
– Don’t want to expose broken collarbone to Suh
– Flynn again, ran no-huddle, key to success
– Flynn threw 6 TD passes vs Det in 2011
– Tolzien, 5 picks in 3 games
– Why is so angry on Thanksgiving? And in general?
– What next? Been quiet since Week 1
– With Chiefs D a mess, needs to bust out an arm
– Arm strength becoming issue, more cold-weather games ahead
– Can’t beat you deep
– Brady clearly had stronger arm in wind Sunday
– 3-0, 912 yards, 6 TDs vs KC
– Ticked off Ravens are running Wildcat — “high school”
– He was split outside, Tyrod Taylor behind center 5 of 62 snaps
– Needs to earn his $120.6 m, not great leader or QB this year
– 30th-ranked offense, Flacco 14 INTs
– Roethelisberger also complained about Wildcat
– LeBeau, Steelers will be ready
– Only one 0-4 team playoffs, 1992 Chargers
– Only 7 turnovers last seven games, forced 14
– Ben 6 TDs, 0 INTs last 2 weeks
– After London loss and 55-31 flop at NE, Tomlin threatened jobs
Hour Three on The Jay Mariotti Show: November 27, 2013:
– Heisman committee mentions possibility of “a re-vote” if Winston charged with felony
– Brace yourself for a Heisman debate unlike any other
– What if Winston wins award, is charged, has Heisman taken away, then is acquitted? Do they give Heisman back to him?
– AP reports two minor incidents involving Winston, also wasn’t charged in those
AMANI TOOMER INTERVIEW
– Jay talks to NBC Sports host and former NFL receiver
BRAUN CHOOSES THANKSGIVING EVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR PED USE, LYING
– How convenient
– Braun says upcoming wedding more stressful
JAY PICKS LIONS AND STEELERS, RAIDERS TO UPSET UNRELIABLE COWBOYS
Talk with us during the show:
Call him Toll Free (877) 355-1040