Mariotti Show Recap: Tuesday, Dec. 10th
Missed part of the show? Here’s a rewind of the program on December 10, 2013.
The Mariotti Show streams live M-F noon to 3 ET.
Hour One on The Jay Mariotti Show: December 10, 2013:
– Going to end ugly for Shanahan
– Tried to get himself fired, get $7 m payoff, pursue Texans?
– Texans don’t want him, eyeing Shaw and Lovie Smith
– Snyder is biggest problem: Worst owner in sports?
– Bench Griffin? Doesn’t he need the work?
– Classic Washington political mess
– Griffin doesn’t need rap of being a coach-killer
– Briles may be only coach to save Griffin
– In addition to feast Rams got, also get No. 1 in ’14, would be No. 2 overall
– Griffin close to tears other day
– Classic Bear Weather night, frozen, Ditka celebration
– WInd chill minus 9
– Keep McCown rest of year, sit Cutler
– Still could win division
– Offensive weapons — these aren’t old Bears of ’85 and ’00s
– Cowboys predictably soft
– Defense terrible, Jones wants more risks, he’s one who fired Ryan
– Jones and Snyder, maximize businesses but bad football men
– Can’t blame Romo, he had no shot
– Eagles in control of NFC East
– Ditka ceremony, more popular than Jordan in Chicago
Hour Two on The Jay Mariotti Show: December 10, 2013:
– FSU becoming big favorite
– SEC streak in jeopardy — no opponent this formidable
– FSU defense can slow Auburn run
– Auburn can’t slow FSU receivers, Winston
– Invite six players, most since 1994
– Theory: Less attention for Winston, sensitive situation for ESPN
– Manziel in NYC again, McCarron
– Is Lynch worthy? Or favor to mid-major before they go away next year?
NO. 1 PICK
– Teams in hunt
– Houston, St. Louis (Redskins pick)
– Clowney or Bridgewater?
– Clowney busted for 110 in a 70
– He’s gone
– Need to feed all-access Longhorn Network
– Buyout only $2.7 m, owed $40 m after this season
– Rioting, arrests.
– Izzo disgusted
– Amazing freebies for players
– Who says aren’t paid?
Hour Three on The Jay Mariotti Show: December 10, 2013:
– Mariners have package, will they give up pitching prize Walker?
– Dodgers, D’Backs, Pirates, Rangers, Cubs
– Tampa Bay will demand the moon, as should. May keep him another year
– Maddon says bittersweet, how they do business
– Shields, Crawford, Upton — how do fans deal with it?
– Tigers or Rangers?
– Yankees out of it, for now
– Red Sox? Bradley maybe not ready yet
– Dodgers tired of his injuries, loaded in OF
– MLB wants new posting rules, Japanese team in bind
– Big risk, injuries, PEDs, bad defense, 33
– GM the pariah of Winter Meetings for Cano deal
– Wedge rips GM, says knows nothing about metrics as advertised
– Cano know what he’s getting into?
– He’s the reason for big money, keep voting him out of Hall
– One of most important bb people in 20th century
– Reinsdorf, MacPhail on committee
– Flap at awards dinner
– Jay Mohr cracks joke, she can’t handle it
– Needs to start producing or fade away
– Novelty gone without results
– Brooks Orpik hospitalized
– Why no outrage?
– Hockey violence must end
– Bag Hollywood intros, more cohesion
– Watched film till 2 a.m.
– Will take time
– Lakers options next summer
– Heat say it doesn’t matter, but does to Pacers
– Night when George could take NBA lead
– Heat have health issues, Wade
– LeBron says not into December showdowns
– George rather cover LBJ than Durant
EASTERN CONFERENCE MESS
– Adam Silver may eliminate divisions
– Wouldn’t solve conference imbalance
Talk with us during the show:
Call him Toll Free (877) 355-1040