Mariotti Show Recap: Monday, Dec. 9th
Missed part of the show? Here’s a rewind of the program on December 9, 2013.
The Mariotti Show streams live M-F noon to 3 ET.
Hour One on The Jay Mariotti Show: December 9, 2013:
WILD NFL FINISHES, SNOW GAMES
START PLAYOFFS NOW
– Story lines, narratives established
– Can 49ers beat Seahawks in Seattle? No.
– Is Manning’s arm turning to mush in cold weather? No.
– Is Carolina serious? No.
– Can Saints, Brees generate on road what they do in Dome? No.
– Can New England win without Gronkowski, another key loss? No.
– Is anyone else serious in AFC? Cincinnati? Kansas City? No.
– Denver vs. Seattle, bring it on
– Manning ticked off about arm-strength stuff
– Sherman guarantees Seattle will beat SF in playoffs
– 49ers-Seahawks is biggest, most heated NFL rivalry
REVIEW BIG GAMES
– 49ers-Seahawks, Gore 51 yard run
– Kaepernick-Wilson, endorsement wars, different personalities
– Saints-Panthers, Brees records
– Panthers diss Saints afterward, Newton says Carolina better team
– Manning, Denver closing in on records
– Matt Prater, NFL record FG in altitude
– Patriots, win on shaky interference call, just getting by
– Patriots without Gronk
– Bengals on roll, defense and Dalton, offense hot
– Saints 4 TDs have NFL single-day record for TDs, 89 total
– Becoming too easy, safety rules, can’t tackle head, neck or knee
– Turning into Arena League, touch football
– Preview of Super Bowl?
– Something about them that’s fun, cool, bromance
– Philly, Kelly pull it off
– Ravens, Flacco pull off win in crazy 5-TD in 2:05 flurry
– Kansas City romps in DC
– Teams that embrace snow and cold develop unity
– Peterson rips Baltimore fans
– Dolphins win in Pittsburgh, Steelers done
Hour Two on The Jay Mariotti Show: December 9, 2013:
– Going to end ugly for Shanahan after Sunday report
– Did he almost quit before Griffin injury?
– Griffin, preferential treatment by Snyder
– Griffin doesn’t want rap of being a coach killer
– Snyder will fire Shanahan
– Gruden says staying at ESPN through next year
– In addition to feast Rams got, also get No. 1 in ’14, would be 2 overall
THE GAME WE WANTED
– BCS can die peaceful death
– No muss, no fuss — FSU vs. Auburn
– FSU big favorite, Auburn weak secondary
– Ohio State unmasked as fraud, Michigan State to Rose
– Auburn pounds Missouri
– Winston starts slowly, FSU too many weapons
– Stanford in Rose Bowl, Shaw NFL rumors
– Alabama-Oklahoma in Sugar, Stoops called SEC “propaganda”
– Ohio State-Clemson in Orange, Woody Hayes-Charlie Baumann
– Baylor-UCF in Fiesta
– Oregon a gripe?
– Heather Cox interview, never charged
– Race over, though Winston was sluggish
– Only Tre Mason made a run, should get seat
– Lynch just OK in MAC title loss
– McCarron, Manziel may be in NYC
– Derek Carr? Andre Williams hurt, 2102 and 17
Hour Three on The Jay Mariotti Show: December 9, 2013:
– When will teams learn about albatross contracts?
– Yet, Yankees still spending blindly without him
– Ellsbury, Beltran, McCann, Kelly Johnson — where is it going?
– Ortiz, says losing Cano hurts Yankees
– Red Sox must be laughing, sign Napoli
– Most big names gone
– David Price, Seattle?
– Choo, Cruz, Drew, Colon, Santana, Jimenez
KOBE BRYANT RETURN
– Ridiculous, overwrought introduction
– Played poorly, declared himself failure
– Going to take time
– Haters will say old, finished
– Have to fire Woodson after shameful home loss to Celtics
– Calipari next season?
– Kidd, too, on hot seat
– Beat Spurs, Heat tomorrow
– George, MVP?
– U.S. in `Group of Death”
– Are we ever going to break through in WC?
Talk with us during the show:
Call him Toll Free (877) 355-1040