- - http://www.sportstalkflorida.com -
Mariotti Show Replay: Monday, Dec. 16th
Posted By Jay Mariotti On December 16, 2013 @ 4:13 PM In JM - Archive,JM - Radio Highlights,Podcast | No Comments
Missed part of the show? Here’s a rewind of the program on December 16, 2013.
The Mariotti Show streams live M-F noon to 3 ET.
Hour One on The Jay Mariotti Show: December 16, 2013:
– One outstanding team, Seattle, and a lot of skittish teams in limbo
– Failed opportunities by Dallas, Philly, NE, Cincy, New Orleans
– Somebody should be fired. This collapse was that ugly.
– Romo, Cowboys officially biggest joke in league, blow huge halftime lead
– Surest bet in league: They will self-destruct in December
– Do not defend Romo … two INTS, last 3 minutes
– Checked out of run on second INT
– Cowboys didn’t run at end, on in 2nd half, when could bleed clock
– Murray was gaining seven per carry all day
– How throw 48 times when lead 26-3, 29-10, 36-24 in second half?
– Bryant, storms off, apologizes on Twitter
– Defense continues to be god-awful
– Jones, ultimately the problem, won’t talk Garrett, blames media
– Packers win without Rodgers, get him back this week?
– Lacy, big-time RB
– Flynn bails them out again
– Would have locked down NFC East, but defense gagged again in Minnesota
– No Adrian Peterson, Gerhart, lost to Matts Cassell and Asiata. Ugh.
– After all the tumult, Dolphins positioned for playoffs
– Give Philbin credit for settling ship, amid bullying probe
– Brady’s latest comeback bid foiled
– Can’t win on road in playoffs, 20 ppg
– Cursed afterward, left early, missed Gronkowski red zone, frystrated
– Patriots blow shot at No. 1 seed, should be No. 2 seed with Cincy loss
– Had chance to get No. 2 seed, typically flopped
– Look like No. 3 AFC team, vs. Miami-Baltimore survivor
– Weren’t ready to play, 2-10 in last 12 divisional road games
– Aren’t same team on road, have to go to Carolina
– Average 33 at home, 18 on road
– May end up with No. 5 seed, on road
– Brees 3 picks, 2 in first two series, numbers way down on road
– First 7 games, Saints forced 15 TOs for 48 pts. 0 sacks, TOs Sunday, only two takeways last seven games. Bad sign.
– Host Saints next week, say they’re better
– Win next two, get No. 2 seed
– Cutler was right call, though started slowly with two INTs
– Reports of division in locker room, Glazer is Urlacher buddy
– Cutler future still up in air, won’t franchise-tag him
– Cousins, three turnovers vs. Atl defense with 5 rookies
– Seven Washington TOs, distractions in QB change
– If showcasing Cousins, shouldn’t go to OT?
– Get a taste of Super Bowl venue in seven weeks
– There was snowstorm Sat, field clear, Wilson wanted to play in snow
– 23-0 shutout, held Giants to 181
– 6-2 on road, 6-0 at home, who’s going to beat them? Maybe SF, that’s it
– Sherman admits, thought about Super Bowl in NY
– Wilson, soaring as MVP candidate, still behind Manning
– Eli, really regressing last two years, 25 more INTs
– Manning tells media to watch tape, not all his fault
– Time for overhaul
– Coughlin, does he want to be part of this?
– Lawrence Taylor says it’s time for Coughlin to go
– Maintain the course, look like No. 6 NFC seed whatever
– Kaepernick, just wins, hands ball to Gore, pass and run
– Look like No. 5 AFC seed, at Indianapolis
– Jamaal Charles, best back in league
– Reid, remarkable job, after Belcher, turnover in front office
– Defense getting healthier — threat to Denver in second round?
RAVENS AT DETROIT
– Huge game, although more mediocrity
– D-Day for Jim Schwartz, job future, after Chi and GB wins
– Baltimore has struggled on road, 1-4
– Calvin Johnson, 28, called “old” by Matt Elam, 22. Dumb.
COACHES ON HOT SEAT
– Schiano, falling apart again. Fired Dungy, Gruden, keep him?
– Shanahan, Frazier, Munchak, Allen, Ryan
Hour Two on The Jay Mariotti Show: December 16, 2013:
– Until Jones hires all-encompassing football guy, this is who they are
– Painted it where he left on own terms, but pushed out under pressure
– Admits program slid, no longer top five
– Supposedly AD made it his decision
– Too many distractions, too much pulling
– Wealthiest sports program in country
– Longhorn Network, needs telegenic and energy guy
– Need a wow hire. But who?
– Shaw says staying at Stanford. NFL awaits him
– Jimbo Fisher makes most sense, has most cache
– Got his money, among biggest coaching contracts in sports
– Has his autonomy, wouldn’t handle Texas politics well
– Can we dare say he’s there for good?
– Sad, empty Heisman moment
– Too many people judging when never charged
– 115 keep off ballots, still fifth-largest winning margin
– Carroll’s speech went awry: Gov. Scott won’t order special look
– Winston, gave bumpy but heartfelt speech, “trust the process”
– A torn, tortured drama
– Wants to play baseball and football on highest levels
– How would QB do that at same time? Wilson plan: Split career later
– Voted for Winston, voted himself third
– Sounds like he has grown up, talked at length about maturity and dealing with crazy life
– Says won’t go to NFL if not first-rounder. He will be.
– Mingled with adult Heisman winners
Hour Three on The Jay Mariotti Show: December 16, 2013:
MANNING, SPORTSMAN OF YEAR
– Combined comeback, health risk, record-breaking year, class, popularity, humor, commercials
– Ortiz close, wonderful deeds for Boston and Mr. October, but had PED issue
– Wants to play in NFL and MLB at same time
– Says can’t play one without other
– Like Russell Wilson, should consider playing football, then baseball
– An NFL QB can’t double-dip
– Was suffering from CTE when committed suicide
– CTE normally associated with contact sports football, boxing, hockey
– Another chilling story of concussion after-effects
– Stop throwing at heads. Good call on catcher collisions
– First baseball player to have brain studied
STILL TALENT AVAILABLE
– Choo, Cruz
– Tanaka decision on posting rules, Yankees
UGLY NHL INCIDENT
– Shawn Thornton gets 15 for attacking Orpik
– Hockey has CTE crisis
– Why did decision take so long?
– Players should be banned
SPURS AT CLIPPERS
– Early test for Doc, defense
– Could be West preview
– OKC 12-0 at home, won 14 of 15, Durant-Westbrook never better together
– Portland, for real
– Pacers at Heat on Wed
Talk with us during the show:
Call him Toll Free (877) 355-1040
Article printed from : http://www.sportstalkflorida.com
URL to article: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/mariotti-show-recap-monday-dec-16th/
URLs in this post:
 http://audio.sportstalkflorida.com/1040/JMS1216131.mp3: http://audio.sportstalkflorida.com/1040/JMS1216131.mp3
 http://audio.sportstalkflorida.com/1040/JMS1216132.mp3: http://audio.sportstalkflorida.com/1040/JMS1216132.mp3
 http://audio.sportstalkflorida.com/1040/JMS1216133.mp3: http://audio.sportstalkflorida.com/1040/JMS1216133.mp3
 Follow @MariottiShow: https://twitter.com/MariottiShow
 Follow @GGonzalezJr: https://twitter.com/GGonzalezJr
 Follow @MatthewSardo: https://twitter.com/MatthewSardo
Copyright © 2011 ESPN Florida. All rights reserved.