Mariotti Show Recap: Friday, Nov. 29th
Missed part of the show? Here’s a rewind of the program on November 29, 2013.
The Mariotti Show streams live M-F noon to 3 ET.
Hour One on The Jay Mariotti Show: November 29, 2013:
COACHES GONE WILD
– Mike Tomlin steps on field and prevents Jacoby Jones from scoring on kickoff return
– Jason Kidd has his player intentionally collide with him so he can stop play
– Isn’t Thanksgiving supposed to be about perspective?
– These guys need fines and vacations
– Steelers are a dignified organization, don’t need to stoop to these levels
– Flacco said Tomlin stole his idea
– Tomlin and Kidd tried to bluff their way out of it
– Kidd fined $50,000
– Typical slugfest, always close, 5th straight by 3 or less
– Replay, 2 TDs reverses
– Baltimore still has work, hardly SB champions. Kick FGs, not TDs
– But could they go into Cincy or Indy and win? Yes
– Pit, botched FG earlier, dropped 2-pt at end
– Detroit looked awesome, both sides
– Bush, best signing of offseason. 182 yds of offense
– Win on Thanksgiving, first time since 2003
– Pack, Rodgers returns next week, five-game winless streak
– Flynn, seven sacks
– Lions D responded to Josh Sitton, gave up only 126 yds, didn’t play dirty
– Here comes Dallas tease again, 7-5
– Romo, on SI cover.
– His November record is 26-6 … but Jay not buying into it
– Jerry Jones, dancing around, says he’s doing his best work. What?
Hour Two on The Jay Mariotti Show: November 29, 2013:
JAMEIS WINSTON UPDATE
– Still not charged, being crucified
– Media starting a morality play, McCarron good guy and Winston bad guy
– Again, he still hasn’t been charged, and even if he is, not necessarily guilty
– Decision delayed for “two weeks or more” by Meggs
– One of Meggs’ top assistants in a murder case next week
– Great potential for chaos in Heisman vote, BCS title game
– What if he wins Heisman and FSU booked in title game, then charged?
– What if FSU decides not to suspend him after he is charged? Firestorm nationally
– Meggs better have the goods if he’s taking so long, media hound
– Accuser lawyer calls it rape again
– Tallahassee police, lots of issues
– McCarron, golden boy, ready to swoop in, perfect ending
– He’s the American football hero, no trouble, famous girlfriend
– But can’t make the morality comparison when Winston hasn’t been charged
– Saban doesn’t provide timetable for retirement
– Can Auburn run the ball vs Alabama? That’s the story
– Saban’s wife says Alabama fan base spoiled
– Says Nick not going anywhere, don’t believe them. Texas
– Malzahn, now obvious why won 2011 title with Newton
– Excess on display, madness of rivalry
– McCarron worried about GF Webb in Auburn stands
– AD backs Hoke
– Michigan mystique is gone, Ohio State last elite program in Midwest
– Yes, that includes Notre Dame, mediocre again after one-year blip
– Orgeron making push, but big names on screen
– If he beats UCLA, gonna to be tough on Haden
– Foley sticking behind Muschamp, but what if FSU wins 70-3?
– Another year of Muschamp will set back program
– Charlie Strong? Swinney? Stoops?
Hour Three on The Jay Mariotti Show: November 29, 2013:
RIVALRY WEEK PREVIEW
NFL SUNDAY PREVIEW
Talk with us during the show:
Call him Toll Free (877) 355-1040