Mariotti Show Recap: Friday, Dec. 13th
Missed part of the show? Here’s a rewind of the program on December 13, 2013.
The Mariotti Show streams live M-F noon to 3 ET.
Hour One on The Jay Mariotti Show: December 13, 2013:
WINSTON: ACCUSER LAWYER SPEAKS
– Says investigation was corrupt
– Calls for independent Attorney General probe
– Thinks football team and Tallahassee police are in cahoots
– This alleged case happened more than a year ago
– Timing again suspicious, with Heisman tomorrow
– Prosecutor already has poked holes in accuser’s story
– Toxicology reports rigged? Really?
– Looks like grandstanding, opportunism, civil suit
– Again, he hasn’t been charged
– A shame, if he’s innocent, that this clouds his moment
– If lawyer wants to show us real evidence, bring it on
– The perception war is what is so annoying, just verbal ping-pong
– Defense is a major problem. Cant win Super Bowl with this defense
– Manning only on field 20 minutes
– If not careful, lose No. 1 AFC seed
– Have two easy games, NE at Miami and Baltimore
– People love two-sport athletes
– He should wins his Super Bowls and MVP award, play 5-6 years
– Then, shift entirely to baseball.
– Preserve brain cells and body that way
– If fails, go back to football
Hour Two on The Jay Mariotti Show: December 13, 2013:
WINSTON ACCUSER ATTORNEY SPEAKS
– Too late to alter Heisman voting, obviously
– Why did she wait so long this week, all year?
– Keeping story alive keeps civil-suit potential alive
– McCarron, wonderful story
– Of three QBs, with whom would you like to hang out in NYC? Manziel
– It will be fascinating how ESPN covers it
– Winston hasn’t been charged, yet will he be elephant in room?
– Bush, ironically, highest pct of first-place votes.
– By inviting six players, limit attention on Winston
– He will win in landslide
– Expect Brown to resign tonight at banquet
– Wheels are in motion for Saban
– But will he get total control with politicans, governor, ESPN in Austin mix?
– Control the issue for Saban more than money
Hour Three on The Jay Mariotti Show: December 13, 2013:
AARON RODGERS WON’T PLAY
– Right call, don’t risk his future
– As saw with Griffin, could set him back and threaten his career
– Green Bay not good enough to take this risk
– Rodgers was upset, but doctor was sensible
– Kyle Shanahan didn’t agree with father’s decision
– Another twist in weird, political story
– Redskins insist not a QB competition, it’s Griffin’s job
– Kyle complained had to game-plan for Cousins and Griffin
– Shanahan trying to save reputation
– Snyder exploring ways to fire him and witthold money
– Griffin’s standing in locker room affected
– What about other players who are playing?
– Snyder shouldn’t be BFF with young QB
– If he doesn’t succeed, Trestman will have hell to pay
– McCown, folk hero, don’t bench a guy with his success
– Cutler’s future on line, free agent to be. Won’t franchise tag him
– McCown, ultimate team guy, working on game plan at Cutler’s house.
CANO LANDS IN SEATTLE
– Jay Z was there, turned down interview requests
– Cano said Yankees disrespected him with offer, sounds bitter
– Should have factored in quality of baseball life
– He won’t be happy in Seattle, irrelevant, losing team
– Trying for Price, but have to give up Walker and package
– Still fourth in AL West
END OF MEETINGS
– Colon deal, one meh 3-way trade
– All other big deals earlier
– Choo? Maybe not Yankees, Tigers, Rangers. Houston?
– Lot of starting pitchers out there
– Kemp staying in LA
– Tanaka posted next week, Yankees and Dodgers and Cubs
Talk with us during the show:
Call him Toll Free (877) 355-1040