Here is a recap of the Tampa Bay Lightning loss to the Washington Capitals Thursday night. The final score was 4-3.
• Ondrej Palat extended his point streak to eight games tonight with a goal and assist. Palat’s streak is the longest by an NHL rookie this season. The streak also set a Lightning franchise record for the longest by a rookie.
• Tyler Johnson netted his 12th goal of the season in the first period. Johnson now ranks tied for third in the NHL among rookies for goals.
• B.J. Crombeen scored his first goal of the season in the second period of tonight’s game.
• With his assist on Palat’s third period goal, Martin St. Louis has now moved into sole possession of 89th on the all-time NHL points leader board.
• Martin St. Louis has recorded three points (two goals, one assist) over the past two games.
• The Lightning outshot the Capitals by a margin of 36 to 20.
• The Lightning will begin a three-game road trip on Saturday in Philadelphia.