Jay Mariotti On Frozen Tundra, NFL Blackouts, Texas Job
Missed part of the show? Here’s a rewind of the program on January 3, 2014.
The Mariotti Show streams live M-F noon to 3 ET.
Hour One on The Jay Mariotti Show: January 3, 2014:
READY FOR SNOW, ICE, FROZEN TUNDRA?
– Green Bay braces, maybe Philadelphia and Cincinnati, too
– Something about snow game that separates men from wimps, rallies city
– All feeding into NY snowsteria about Super Bowl
– Green Bay, Ice Bowl revisited? Could be -10 to -15
– You’d think Packers would have edge, but Harbaugh, 49ers, defense tough
– Kaepernick, who plays great vs. Pack, grew up in Wisconsin
– Like Gore over Lacy in this game
– Rodgers, might be limited by weather
DOES NFL HAVE A TICKET ISSUE?
– Bengals, Packers, Colts aren’t sold out, NFL grants extension
– Bigger issue — backlash from fans tired of stadium experience?
– Yes, home viewing on HD is great, but prices, weather, drunks, items
– Who wants to sit out in that weather?
– Jim Mora Jr. now target
– Happy at UCLA, but how does he turn down $7 m a year?
– Briles not be first choice, despite Baylor miracles
– Good old boys not happy he lost to Central Florida