- - http://www.sportstalkflorida.com -
Insider: UCF To Host Oklahoma in 2012?
Posted By Eric Lopez On November 8, 2011 @ 10:11 AM In 1080 Sports,College,Insider Main,main feature | No Comments
The Knights 2012 schedule could be one of the most difficult and exciting in program history. UCFSports.com’s Brandon Helwig reported late Monday Night that two sources told him that UCF very close to a deal with Oklahoma to play a home and home series with Oklahoma coming to Orlando in 2012. WESH Channel 2 also reported that Oklahoma-UCF Game was close to being a done deal and could be announce soon. Oklahoma would more then likely replace Kansas State on the schedule who UCF is scheduled to host in late September, Kansas State has informed UCF that they intend to buy out of the game which opens up the spot for UCF To possibly host the Sooners. It would be the 2nd straight season that Oklahoma would come to the sunshine state as they played at Florida State this season earning a 23-13 win. Oklahoma would be the second Big 12 program to come to Bright House Networks Stadium to play UCF since the stadium open in 2007. Texas was UCF first ever home game at Bright House back in 2007.
The Knights already added Ohio State to the schedule two weeks ago as the Knights will travel to Ohio State on September 8, 2012 which replaced a road game at Pittsburgh. The Knights 2012 schedule as of now will start with a thursday night road game at Akron on August 30th followed by road trip to Ohio State on September 8. Non Conference Home Games are FIU and Oklahoma. If the Knights are still in C-USA in 2012, UCF Would host Southern Miss, East Carolina, UAB, and SMU with road games at Memphis, Marshall, Tulsa, and Utep.
News and Notes
- Check out Brandon Helwig’s story on UCF possibly hosting Oklahoma right here http://ucf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1290261 
- UCF will travel to Southern Miss this week to take on the Golden Eagles. A loss by the Knights officially eliminates UCF from winning the eastern division. As it stands UCF must win out and need Southern Miss to lose to either UAB or Memphis.
- Southern Miss is ranked 22nd in the latest BCS Standings. Golden Eagles come in ranked 23rd coaches poll and 25th in AP Poll.
- BYU Head Football Coach Bronco Mendenhall said on Monday that BYU had discussions with Big East about possibly joining the conference. “There is a push and there are conversations that are in place for the Big East to convince or to have BYU join that conference,” Mendenhall said during his weekly press conference in Provo, Utah. The thinking here is that BYU could replace departing West Virginia and make it easier for Boise State and Air Force who could join as football schools from a traveling standpoint as Big East would put them all together in a western division. UCF, SMU, and Houston are still scheduled to join the Big East Conference in all sports which could be announced any day now.
- LSU Overtime win over Alabama on Saturday was a huge TV Draw. The game drew a 11.5 TV Rating and over 20 million viewers for CBS Saturday Night which marks highest rated regular season college football game since Ohio State win over Michigan in 2006. That game was also a 1 vs 2 matchup. Michigan-Ohio State game drew 21 million viewers and a 13.0 tv rating. The LSU-Alabama game is CBS Most viewed regular season game since 1989 when Notre Dame-Miami drew 22.495 million viewers for CBS in a primetime game back in 89 season.
Article printed from : http://www.sportstalkflorida.com
URL to article: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/insider-ucf-to-host-oklahoma-in-2012/
URLs in this post:
 http://ucf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1290261: http://ucf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1290261
Copyright © 2011 ESPN Florida. All rights reserved.