- - http://www.sportstalkflorida.com -
Florida Basketball: No. 1 in South Region
Posted By Amanda Borges On February 3, 2014 @ 3:31 PM In Borges - Article,Florida News,Insider - Gators | No Comments
The Gators are celebrating a successful season this far and they’re hoping it will continue. They recently went up to the top spot in the South Region for college basketball.
Here are the top teams in the South Region:
1. Florida (19-2): Losses to Kansas and Michigan State last week were tough but now, Florida is up to the top line. They should be here again next week after home games against Missouri and Alabama.
2. Kansas (16-5): The Jayhawks still have the top RPI in the country, thanks to an outstanding seven wins over teams in that ranking’s top 35. All five of their losses were to teams in the top 25.
3. Cincinnati (21-2): After beating Louisville on the road last week, the Bearcats took control of the AAC. They play two second-tier teams in the conference this week, hosting Connecticut before heading to Dallas to take on SMU.
4. Creighton (18-3): The Blue Jays just barely snuck past St. John’s last week, which was not enough to push them up a seed. They host DePaul on Friday before a rematch with the Red Storm in New York on Sunday.
For more on this story visit: Michael Bellor, SI.com 
Article printed from : http://www.sportstalkflorida.com
URL to article: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/florida-basketball-no-1-in-south-region/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Florida-Basketball1.jpg
 Michael Bellor, SI.com: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140203/bracket-watch-florida/
Copyright © 2011 ESPN Florida. All rights reserved.