Cowboys Assume Kyle Orton Will Play In 2014
Last week, Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said that backup quarterback Kyle Orton has yet to commit to a return for the final year of the three-year contract he signed with the team before the 2012 season.
Owner Jerry Jones said Sunday that the team has had some conversations with Ortons agent, but that the veteran remains unsure about his plans for the season. Jones said hes assuming that Orton will decide to return and collect his $3.25 million salary and that the Cowboys want him back even if their cap situation would be better if Orton retired.
For more on this story visit: Josh Alper, NBC Sports Pro Football Talk