Here’s what you need to know for Week Two:
- The Gators are in for a much tougher battle this week after their 24-6 victory over Toledo in the Swamp in their season-opener. They’ll face the Miami Hurricanes, who received 127 votes in the AP poll last week, putting them in the de facto 26th spot in the rankings.
- Florida is only favored by 3.5 points on the road at Sun Life Stadium, according to Fantasy911.com. This should be a tight one.
- The game kicks off at noon ET.
- Sophomore running back Matt Jones will be back after missing most of training camp and the first game due to a nasty viral infection. The two-headed backfield he shares with junior Mack Brown, who ran for a career-high 112 yards and two touchdowns last week.
- Miami’s backfield has one guy the Gators will definitely be watching out for. Sophomore back Duke Johnson ran for 6.8 yards per carry last season, including four runs of 50 yards or more. He ran for 186 yards on 19 carries in Miami’s 34-6 season-opening win against Florida Atlantic.
- Florida’s defense will benefit from the return of junior cornerback Loucheiz Purifoy, sophomore linebacker Antonio Morrison and junior defensive tackle Darious Cummings. Each was suspended for the season opener.
- The last time Florida played a road game at Miami was 2003, when the Canes still played in the Orange Bowl. Florida blew a 23-point lead in that game, losing 38-33.