The Reynolds Report is your one-stop shop for Seminole football off-season news and tidbits. The Reynolds Report is aptly named after one of the greatest Seminoles of all-time, Mr. Burt Reynolds. Yes ladies and gents, the legend of the Bandit began in Tallahassee, where he carried the pigskin for the Noles and undoubtedly romanced his king’s bounty of FSU coeds.
Every Friday, in addition to FSU related news, The Reynolds Report will feature a tribute (pics, video clips, classic lines) to a classic Burt Reynolds character. (Spoiler Alert: 98% of the characters feature the iconic Burt mustache) You’re welcome.
Noles At The NFL Combine
The defending national champs will be well represented when the NFL scouting combine workouts officially get underway tomorrow in Indianapolis. Nine Seminoles will participate in the various drills and Wonderlic tests to make that final push to raise their respective draft stocks. It’s a little bittersweet, as these great Seminoles will try and move on to the next level and get an opportunity to play on Sundays with the big boys, saying goodbye to the college game for good. I wish them well, but once drafted, I have no use for them any longer. No hard feelings to these young gentleman, but I cover FSU and bathe myself in the bubbles of college football. They’ll understand. (Just think of it of like an old loaf of bread or a stripper who just turned 30 – they are all past their primes and need to be discarded for the younger, fresher versions of what they once were). We still have a few months to hang on to until the draft, but once that day comes, it’s time to move on. It’s not you, it’s me. Here’s a quick rundown of the Noles participating at the combine this weekend:
RB – Devonta Freeman
RB – James Wilder Jr.
WR – Kelvin Benjamin
C – Bryan Stork
DB – Lamarcus Joyner
DB – Terrence Brooks
LB – Christian Jones
LB – Telvin Smith
DT – Timmy Jernigan
Combine Workout Schedule
- Saturday, Feb. 22:Tight Ends, Offensive Linemen (Stork), Special Teams
- Sunday, Feb. 23: Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers (Benjamin), Running Backs (Wilder, Freeman).
- Monday, Feb. 24: Defensive Linemen (Jernigan), Linebackers (Jones, Smith)
- Tuesday, Feb. 25: Defensive Backs (Joyner, Brooks)
– The search continues to fill the position of linebacker coach. Newly appointed defensive coordinator Charles Kelly and defensive assistant Sal Sunseri both have extensive experience in this area of need (Sunseri has coached linebackers seemingly since the beginning of time…), so it doesn’t seem that there is a big rush to fill the spot. Not much has changed since last week, and I’ll keep you posted.
– With awards season in full swing, it’s only fitting that next Friday is the FSU Post-Season Awards Fiesta Spectacular Numero Dos.It has literally zero production value, so it should be at least mildly entertaining….
And Because This Will Never Get Old…..
Burt Reynolds Movie of the Week: Hooper (1978)
The Classic Burt Reynolds Laugh (Mustache Inculded)