- - http://www.sportstalkflorida.com -
Buc’s Watson Named Player of the Month
Posted By Sports Talk Florida On November 29, 2012 @ 1:07 PM In Florida News,main feature,NFL | No Comments
Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Dekoda Watson named NFC special teams player of the month for November.
- Watson blocked a punt which was returned for a touchdown and recovered a special teams fumble that led to a Buccaneers touchdown during the month. He also had two special teams tackles.
- In Week 10’s win over San Diego, Watson blocked a punt that was returned 29 yards by ADAM HAYWARD for a touchdown. It marked the first touchdown scored off a blocked punt by the Buccaneers since November 8, 2009 when RONDE BARBER scored off a blocked punt by GENO HAYES.
- The following week, in Tampa Bay’s 27-21 overtime win at Carolina, Watson recovered a fumble on a punt that eventually led to a Buccaneers touchdown.
- Watson had two special teams tackles in November and has five special teams tackles this season.
- In his third season from Florida State, this is Watson’s first career Player of the Month Award.
- Watson is the first Buccaneer to be named Special Teams Player of the Month since CLIFTON SMITH (November 2008)
Source: NFL Media
Buc's Watson Named Player of the Month
by Sports Talk Florida
Article printed from : http://www.sportstalkflorida.com
URL to article: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/bucs-watson-named-player-of-the-month/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/bucs-watson-named-player-of-the-month/bucs_dekoda_watson_2012/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2011 ESPN Florida. All rights reserved.