Bucs’ Lavonte David Rookie Of The Month
- David led the NFL with 47 tackles during November, including a league-best 40 solo tackles. Five of his tackles were for a loss.
- He started all four games during the month as the Buccaneers won three of their four games.
- David anchored a Tampa Bay defense that led the NFL allowing just 75.3 rushing yards per game in November. The Buccaneers also ranked first in the league during the month by allowing just 3.17 rushing yards per carry.
- He recorded at least eight tackles in all four games, including a career-high 16 (14 solo tackles) in Week 9 and 14 (13 solo tackles) in Week 10.
- Nineteen of David’s tackles were within three yards of the line of scrimmage or behind, including five for a loss and four for no gain.
- David is the first Buccaneer to be named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month.
- This is the second consecutive month a Buccaneer has been named NFL Rookie of the Month. Running back DOUG MARTIN was named the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month for October.
- This is the fourth time that a team has had rookie monthly award winners on both offense and defense in the same season (2010 Detroit, 2003 Jacksonville, 1998 Jacksonville).
Source: NFL MediaBucs' Lavonte David Rookie Of The Month by Sports Talk Florida
Tags: Tampa Bay Buccaneers