Buckeyes' Carlos Hyde Will Not Be Charged
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) The Columbus police department says it has closed the case against Ohio State running back and leading-scorer Carlos Hyde because the alleged female assault victim did not wish to pursue charges.
Hyde had been suspended from all team activities in the wake of the incident, which occurred July 20 at a downtown bar. Ohio State did not immediately offer comment on whether he will be reinstated to the team.
Spokesman Sgt. Rich Weiner said as far as the police department is concerned, the case is officially closed. He said the alleged victim was interviewed on Saturday and said she did not want to continue with the case against the senior from Naples, Fla., who led the Buckeyes with 17 touchdowns and 102 points as the Buckeyes went 12-0 last season.
Source: Associated Press