- - http://www.sportstalkflorida.com -
2013 NBA Finals By The Numbers
Posted By Sports Talk Florida On June 7, 2013 @ 3:20 AM In Florida News,main feature,NBA | No Comments
THE FINALS 2013 BY THE NUMBERS
-Miami Heat to Defend NBA Title Against Four-time Champion San Antonio Spurs-
MIAMI, June 6, 2013 – The San Antonio Spurs will meet the defending NBA champion Miami Heat when The Finals 2013 tips off on ABC tonight at 9 p.m. ET. The Spurs are looking to capture their fifth NBA title, while the Heat are seeking their third championship.
NBA fans in 215 countries and territories will watch, listen, and participate in this crowning event through an array of multimedia and digital technologies.
The Finals Spans the Globe
- 215 – The Finals 2013 will have unprecedented global coverage, reaching fans live in 215 countries and territories in 47 languages on their televisions, computers, mobile phones and tablets.
- 410 million– Likes and followers for all league, team and player pages combined across social media platforms.
- 10 – Record 10 international players that will compete in The Finals: Duncan (U.S. Virgin Islands), Ginobili (Argentina), Parker, Diaw, DeColo (France), Baynes, Mills (Australia), Splitter (Brazil) and Joseph (Canada) from San Antonio; Anthony (Canada) from Miami.
The Finals on ABC.
- 7 – ESPN on ABC commentators Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy will call The Finals a record 7th straight year.
- 36 – ABC will use 36 high-definition cameras to deliver crisp game action.
- 9 – The network will use 8 Super Slo-Mo cameras during each broadcast and 1 SkyCam.
NBA Entertainment (NBAE)
- 150 – NBAE has 150-plus cameras pointed at the NBA Finals action to document and build NBA Entertainment’s digital archive.
- 40 – NBA TV will provide more than 40 hours of live programming from The Finals.
- 12 – NBA TV analysts collected 12 NBA championships (Shaquille O’Neal: 4, Rick Fox: 3, Kenny Smith: 2, Brent Barry: 2, Steve Smith: 1).
- 8.7 billion and 5.1 billion – A record 8.7 billion page views and 5.1 billion videos have been viewed by fans on NBA.com this season.
NBA Social Media
- 17 million – More than 17 million fans on the league’s Facebook page will have access to exclusive content.
- 7.3 million – More than 350 tweets will be sent from The Finals to the NBA’s 7.3 million followers on Twitter.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat
- 182 and 4 – The Heat and Spurs rosters have a combined 182 Finals games played and 4 Finals MVPs (Tim Duncan, Dwyane Wade, Tony Parker and LeBron James).
- 3 – The Spurs’ Tim Duncan will join A.C. Green and John Salley as the only players in NBA history to make a Finals appearance in three separate decades.
- 98 – San Antonio’s Parker, Ginobili and Duncan have combined for 98 postseason wins together, second most in NBA history by a trio, behind only the Lakers’ Michael Cooper, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson (110).
- 8 – Players on The Finals rosters boast NBA D-League experience – San Antonio’s Aron Baynes, Nando de Colo, Patty Mills, Danny Green and Cory Joseph and Miami’s Chris Andersen, Joel Anthony and Jarvis Varnado.
NBA Marketing Partners
- 4.5 Quadrillion – Combinations of NBA stats available for fans to access via NBA.com/Stats, powered by SAP.
- 6,000 – Taco Bell restaurants will feature the NBA BIG Box during The Finals, featuring 54 different players from all 30 NBA teams, including: Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Ray Allen, Tony Parker, and Tim Duncan.
2013 NBA Finals By The Numbers
- 810 and 811 – The Joe Celestin Center in Miami and Wheatley Middle School in San Antonio will be the 810th & 811th live, learn or play centers created in 25 countries through NBA Cares.
- 1,088,836 pounds – The NBA will use 100 percent renewable energy during all The Finals games, which will equal a total carbon avoidance of 1,088,836 pounds.
by Sports Talk Florida
Article printed from : http://www.sportstalkflorida.com
URL to article: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/2013-nba-finals-by-the-numbers/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/lebrons-game-7-history-shows-he-needs-help/heat_lebron_james_2013-25/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2011 ESPN Florida. All rights reserved.